They say life is not a bed of roses and each one of us have to face our share of ups and downs. However, it is through these experiences that we learn the meaning of life and the lessons it has to teach us. When we are going through rough patches, sometimes the things happening in our life can bring us down completely and shatter all the hope and positivity. But these are the exact times when we are tested and taught to be strong so that we can battle tougher situations in future.
Many of us sort to counseling from friends, professionals, parents, and other people whom we trust. But if you are alone and don't have anybody to comfort you, you can surely sort to a number of comforting Bible verses. Bible is always a source of compassion, love, and hope for those in distress. So, read on and find these inspirational verses mentioned below just for you.
Bible Verses that Give Comfort
There are times in life, when you are surrounded with negative thoughts and feelings, such as doubt, fear, insecurity, loneliness, etc. At such times, all you need is a feeling of belonging where you feel loved and wanted. Even if you don't find these in people, you can surely count on the Holy Bible for them. The book of Psalms is full of comforting verses and there are also answers to your problems which you might come across.
Therefore, if you are someone who believes in strengthening your own mind by reading bible verses of comfort, I am sure you would want to know a few such words. In the paragraphs below, we have made this job easier for you and put together a few inspirational bible verses which will not only comfort you, but also bring you out with a solution to your problems.
- "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." ― Matthew 5:4
- "The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble." ― Psalm 9:9
- "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." ― Psalm 18:2
- "He will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth. The LORD has spoken." ― Isaiah 25:8
- "For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one;he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help." ― Psalm 22:24
- "For I know the plans I have for you,"declares the LORD," plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." ― Jeremiah 29:11-12
- "One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock." ― Psalm 27:4-5
- "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." ― John 14:18
- "Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." ― Psalm 30:5
- "So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy." ― John 16:22
- "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." ― Psalm 34:18
- "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him." ― Nahum 1:7
- "The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble." ― Psalm 37:39
- "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea." ― Psalm 46:1-2
- "Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again." ― Psalm 71:20-21
- "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." ― Revelation 21:4