Use these easy Bible trivia to test your knowledge of the Bible, or turn it into a quiz for the kids at Sunday school.
The Bible is one of the oldest texts known to man. It chronicles the happenings of ancient Israel and its people. The Bible used by Christians is divided into the Old Testament and the New Testament. The Old Testament consists of a collection of works, including genealogies, poems and stories that were written between the twelfth to the second century B.C. It is the New Testament that holds accounts of the life of Jesus Christ, as told in the four Gospels. Apart from these, the New Testament includes the Acts of the Apostles, the Epistles (letters), and the Book of Revelation.
The Holy Bible is very vast, and will take a good deal of time for anyone to read and comprehend. It is also fairly difficult to memorize facts from the bible. If you are a seasoned Bible reader, these easy questions would let you test your knowledge. If you are a first-time reader, then they will help crystallize some important facts in your mind. An interesting piece of easy Bible trivia for kids is that the Holy Bible is the best-selling book of all times, having sold about 6 million copies in 2000 languages and dialects.
1. What is the name of the second book in the Bible?
2. The name of God is not mentioned in only one book of the Bible. Which one is it?
3. On which day did God create animals?
4. What did the Lords of the Philistines offer Delilah for revealing the secret of Samson’s strength?
5. What was the last plague on Egypt?
6. Which king of Judah was struck with leprosy?
7. Which king of Israel had a reputation as a fast and furious chariot driver?
8. What occurred when Jonathan and his armor-bearer attacked the Philistines?
9. Who built the first altar?
10. When Jacob wanted to marry Rachel, what did he have to do?
11. Which prophet issued ominous warning against people who took advantage of widows and the fatherless?
12. Who ate honey out of a lion’s carcass?
13. Which famous city did Nebuchadnezzar rule?
14. Who was Israel’s first high priest?
15. What colors of yarn were used to create the sacred ephod and the breastplate worn by the high priest Aaron?
16. Who were the parents of King Solomon?
17. In the Bible, who did the sun and moon stand still before?
18. How many books of the Bible are named after women?
19. Who is the only woman whose age is mentioned in the Bible?
20. In the Bible, for what “price” did Esau sell his birthright to his younger twin brother, Jacob?
21. Which two wicked cities were destroyed by God in Genesis?
22. Who did Mordecai refuse to bow down to?
23. What kind of wood was used to make Noah’s Ark?
24. How old was Moses when he died?
25. For how long was Daniel in the den of the lions?
26. How tall was Goliath, the Philistine giant who was slain by David with a stone hurled from a sling?
27. Which animal is mentioned most frequently in both the New and Old Testaments?
28. Who wore the coat of many colors?
29. How much time did Jonah spend in the belly of the whale?
30. Which Biblical Babylonian king cast Daniel into the lion’s den for praying to God in defiance of a royal decree?
31. According to the Bible, what weapons was the Philistine giant, Goliath carrying when he was slain by David?
32. What is the longest name in the Bible?
33. Who came to Zechariah to tell him that his wife would soon be having a baby?
34. Who demanded that John the Baptist’s head be brought on a platter?
35. Which apostle was killed by a halberd?
36. According to the Bible, how many pearly gates are there?
37. In the Bible, which of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse rides a red horse?
38. Who tells the disciples that Jesus had risen from the dead?
39. How many times did Peter deny Jesus?
40. Who fled from Iconium when they heard of a plot to stone them?
41. Who is the only woman mentioned in Paul’s letter to Philemon?
42. Who will not be able to inherit the Kingdom of God?
43. What was Sarah’s previous name?
44. Whose name was changed to Abraham?
45. Give the name of Moses’ sister?
46. Who was not hurt even after being thrown into the lion’s den?
47. What was Sarah’s son called?
48. In which place did Moses receive the Ten Commandments?
49. Whom did Zipporah marry?
You can take a printout of these questions if you need to use them for Sunday school. I’ll leave you with one more fact about the Bible – it was written over a period of 1500 years, over 40 generations by over 40 authors.